The Martini family, one of the most historic in Montalcino, has always lived in symbiosis with the land, respecting it, loving it and knowing it in all its facets. A wealth of skills that since the past made the difference, not surprisingly “Mastro” Giovanni Martini, between =800 and =900, even recruited 300 people to harvest the wheat in the plains maremmane carrying out the work entirely by hand. Without forgetting the great dexterity of Renato Martini, a quality much requested by the Tuscan landowners who used his skill for pruning olive trees, vines and orchards.
A decisive turning point came in the early 80s when Giovanni Martini concretized his passion for the cultivation of the vine deciding to buy vineyards and becoming, in fact, a wine producer. The tradition could thus continue with the same values of the past, a teaching that was not lost with the passing of the hand to his son Guido Martini, also faithful to the territory and to the unique history that is breathed in the hill of Montalcino.
Today Musico, a name that derives from an ancient nickname given to the family, is a reality that makes its way strong in its qualities and proud of its bond with the earth.
The passion for the land and biodiversity is also demonstrated by the crops present: in addition to the vines and olive trees, which is the source of the prestigious extra virgin olive oil that in Montalcino touches peaks of excellence, there are vegetable gardens and orchards.
“The style of our wines is given by the land, Brunello di Musico is elegant, we do not use chemicals. For years I have been working close to the father making experience, tradition and attention is within any of our products”.
WHAT THEY PREVIOUS (about 1 hour)
• Welcome to the Les Barriques wine shop in the town of Montalcino owned by the Martini family
• Explanation of the position of the Musico farm and history of the Martini family that has existed since 1300 within the territory of Montalcino –
• Walk through the vineyards and explain the processing techniques. At the end of the summer, it is possible to taste the grapes as we practice organic farming;
• Entrance to the cellars.
• Visit to the fermentation room with steel tanks and explanation of the fermentation and aging processes in steel.
• Visit the cellar with an explanation of aging in small 30 and 20 HL barrels, presentation of the wines and explanations of the product labels.
• Possibility to buy from direct sales at L’enoteca les Barriques in the city or to ship everything.
WINE- TASTING – € 25 pp
Tour 1 CELLAR + tasting 3 WINES + pretzels
PARADISINO – TASTING – € 50 pp
Tour 1 CELLAR + tasting 4 WINES + meats + cheeses + bruschetta
LIGHT LUNCH & TASTING – € 75 pp
Tour 2 CELLARS + tasting 6 WINES + meats + cheeses + bruschetta + dessert
Musico at Enoteca Les Barriques
Via Boldrini – Montalcino, SI
|| Geographic Coordinates ||